Oral Health Guide For Adults
Simple Steps To A Sensational Smile
Our team is here to help you maintain a good standard of oral health. Healthy teeth are essential for a beautiful smile and the key to achieving this is to brush, clean in between your teeth, eat well and keep up your regular visits to your dentist.
- Use a quality power or manual toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste for two minutes twice a day. Don’t stop at just brushing your teeth and gums – give the back of your tongue a good clean as well – it harbours loads of smelly bugs which are a major factor in causing bad breath.
- Ask our hygienist team to advise you on the best sized toothbrush for you.
- Spit, but don’t rinse. Rinsing after brushing reduces the effectiveness of your fluoride toothpaste so don’t rinse it away.
- Cleaning in between the teeth is still a minority sport in Britain as compared to the USA, but it is essential to do so every day to remove the harmful bugs that not only cause gum disease but can also be responsible for bad breath.
- Lots of people find cleaning in between the teeth difficult, so ask your hygienist at your next appointment for a lesson in the best way to do it.
Useful Adult Oral Health links: